Sunday, June 04, 2006

SMICU

That's Sewing Machine ICU. My sewing machine got a little overexcited when we were about to embark on our first buttonhole together, and it went kaput. And that was all that was standing between me and one finished romper: 2 buttonholes and 2 buttons. C'est la vie. My poor little machine will make its first trip to the machine doctor tomorrow morning.

With all this unexpected free time on my hands I decided to finally get to Crate & Barrel to return all the dinnerware I received from my dear friends and family at graduation in order to cash it in for more goodies by rebuying it in sets. So I rebought everything they'd given me, plus 4 salad plates and 4 bowls, for only $70. What a deal! Thanks to my SIL who taught me that trick with our fine china after our wedding. Here's the pattern, which I love:

So I now have 4 dinner plates, 4 salad plates, 4 bowls, and 4 mugs (latter 2 not pictured). I also have a serving bowl, serving plate, creamer, and sugar bowl. They all make me very happy; however, they're making me happy from the confines of the box they came in for now. I think I'm going to wait until we have at least 8 of the basics before I pack up our old workhorses for the Goodwill and replace them with these. That old set has served us well; hubby bought it in college. But it's time to move on, and these I love.

Now I'm off to cut pieces for those aprons. Before I go, a few happies:


Would love to know what flower this is, but I have no idea (remember the pale green thumb? It's currently still blank). I picked them up at Costco, but the sticker didn't want to identify itself.



These I know (only because there was an identifying sticker on these): the reds are gerbers and the yellows are chrysanthemums.

Bob in a Box. Her avant garde Dr. Seuss tribute.


No comments: