Saturday, June 24, 2006

13

This morning I realized that yesterday was my 13th post. In honor of that, I thought I'd give a little Colgate University tribute as 13 is a very auspicious number to us 'Gate alumni.

In case you didn't know, Colgate University in Hamilton, NY was founded in 1817 by 13 men with 13 dollars and 13 prayers. Recently instituted Colgate Day occurs on every Friday the 13th that occurs during the calendar year. The Colgate 13 are the men's a capella group, who my friends and I followed religiously as undergrads. The 13 would serenade some lucky woman at almost every concert and my friends even got them to sing to me on my birthday one year.

To round out this little mini-tribute, here are 13 things you may or may not know about me:

1. I'm a Sagittarius and pretty much fit the bill.
2. I'm an only child.
3. I can't stand to clean food off dishes once they've been in the sink, even for a second.
4. I was only 18 when I met my husband.
5. I was a rower in college.
6. I've never met a chocolate chip cookie I didn't like.
7. I'm a very good artist when given a pencil and something to copy, but have come up with maybe two original sketches in my life.
8. My right iris has a reddish birthmark in it that some people notice within 10 second of meeting me and some 10 years.
9. I'm quite tall. You'd better start buying some season tickets. I like wearing shorts. Dunk, dunk!
10. Sometimes I like to quote movies (but not as much as some of my friends, who quote movies like it's their job. Seriously, ten minute conversations.).
11. I didn't know what mayonnaise was until sophomore year of college because my mom spent my whole childhood calling Miracle Whip "mayonnaise."
12. I love jam with cheddar cheese. Some people seem to find this strange.
13. I like animals to be fat. Not so much pets because I don't want them to have health problems (although the fat ones are the cutest), but all animals in artistic renderings must be a bit husky in my book.

A little eye candy before I go to bed:

These adorable owl notecards are from boygirlparty. I got them as a gift for someone, but am so unbelievably tempted to keep them for my own!


These little mirrors are from My Favorite Mirror. These I was smart on: two for gifts, one for me (the first one, the snowy owl)!




No comments: