Baked Chicken Fingers
- 1/2 c wheat germ
- 1/2 c unprocessed bran
- 1/4 c plain, dried breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp ground flaxseed
- 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken tenders (I just used breast halves and cut them to a roughly tender shape)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In food processer, combine first seven ingredients (through garlic), 1 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Pulse to combine. Add oil; pulse to combine. Transfer to large bowl.
- Set a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet. In a shallow bowl, lightly beat eggs. Dip chicken in eggs (allowing excess to drip off), then dredge in crumb mixture, patting to adhere. Place on rack and transfer to oven.
- Bake until chicken is opaque throughout, 12-14 min.
This recipe can easily be doubled or even tripled for freezing. Serve with condiments of choice. We enjoy a sweet chili ginger sauce from The Ginger People.