Saturday, June 03, 2006

Travel Bug

To my dismay, I got no sewing done yesterday. Met my copy editing goal, did some grocery shopping, made some dinner, did some cleaning, had a friend over (which was lovely), and went to bed late. Am about to start the cycle over again and have a party to go to tonight at 7:00, which should be great fun, but I probably will run out of time for sewing today, too. It'll get going eventually.

In the meantime, I found this cool website (through domesticali) that makes pictures showing all the countries or states you've visited:

create your own visited countries map
or vertaling Duits Nederlands

According to the website, that's only 7% of the world and I must admit, it looks much more meager than I expected. This is inspiring me to get going with some new travels. Europe clearly isn't enough! I'll have to think on that and how/when it might be possible financially.

Now this one is looking much more respectable, but I seemed to have severely neglected the Midwest and the south. I'll have to get on that, too.


create your own visited states map

Apparently, there I've at least hit 39%. Great, a new goal. Just what I needed. As if the long list of things that I'm dying to do in life isn't overwhelming enough as it is! It's nice when all you have to complain about is too many fun things on the horizon. :)

No comments: