Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Nerve

Okay this is addicting. Last week Blogger launched a slide show that displays all the pictures being uploaded. Apparently, they've had it going in their office forever, but just brought it public now. I love it! It's almost hypnotizing... Go try it. But only if you have an hour or so to spare.

I called the OB yesterday, just to be on the safe side, because of some new, weird, sharp pains I was having in multiple places. They asked me to come in, just to be on the safe side. Baby and I are fine. It turns out, she is most likely sitting on or standing on or kicking or punching or resting her little head on my bladder, and pinching a very painful nerve. Lucky me! But it's nothing to worry about. So, what I thought was a pulled muscle is not a pulled muscle. This is good news because it means I don't have to be so careful of not reinjuring it, so I can try to take a walk or something if it feels plausibly doable. On the other hand, it's bad news because that means it's not going to get any better and who am I kidding about taking a walk? I can hardly walk to the kitchen from the couch. But now I know I could if I really wanted to try. Psychologically it's good. So, I'm not on official bed rest, but I've been officially told, "I don't want you in pain." Well, guess what, I'm in pain 24/7, it's all about degrees at this point. So, essentially, I am on bed rest, but what else is new? Seven weeks and counting...

3 comments:

Sarah Berry said...

Hmmm..... you recount the details of what pain you're in all the time and how uncomfortable it all is and I think to myself "well, thank god she's almost done" and then you hit me with "seven weeks to go" and my jaw hits my desk!!

Maybe you can comfort yourself with the knowledge that by the time you get around to doing this again, you'll have some family or close friends who live nearby to visit and help!

die Frau said...

Oh, honey...I wish I could help you! I don't know if this helps (probably not), but I'm thinking of you and sending you good thoughts.

Anonymous said...

oh honey, wish I was there to help. I can understand what your going through. I'm glad it turned out not to be something pulled. Know I'm thinking of you and love you Marilyn