Saturday, May 05, 2007

Charming

Happy Saturday! Just a quick post as I have to spend the morning copy editing and the afternoon at work. Not much of a Saturday here. Though I do have plans for the roller derby tonight with some friends, so I'll pack all my fun into that.
The husband's Aunt and Family sent this bead along with a baby gift a couple of weeks ago and I finally managed to make it into a necklace. I couldn't get a decent shot of the side of the bead, but one edge says "GROW" and the other edge says "STRONG." I am so in love with it and immediately knew I must wear it throughout my pregnancy. It gives off such a good luck charm vibe. A good happy.

The bead I stuck on the bottom is just a glass bead from Michael's. Some of the parts are canibalized from an old, broken cheapo necklace. Some are parts my mom left me a couple years ago when she was in Tucson for the gem show. She is a serious maker of jewelry, who doesn't mess around with glass beads, but uses almost exclusively semiprecious stones. She is a regular at craft shows and, I think, a consignment store or two in upstate NY and has quite a following. Alas, she never wanted to sell online, so I have no pictures to share. You'll have to trust me: her creations are beautiful.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I love it!! What a beautiful sentiment - I love it when pregnant mommies wear good luck charms throughout their pregnancy. Send me belly pictures!! I need to feel more involved!! :)

Ali said...

That's a very beautiful necklace, and grow strong a wonderful sentiment for you and the baby!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm so glad you finally got yours! When you were admiring mine, I so wanted to tell you that you were getting one, too, but didn't want to spoil the surprise. A definite good luck charm. Now, go do some strong growin, mama!