Sunday, March 08, 2009

Catching Up

I woke up today and it was March. And all of a sudden it's been two weeks since my last post, which was a bs post. The one before that consisted of more pictures than words. My last real post seems to have been in January. I don't know what is up with me. It's been months since I've really committed to my blog. I was talking to Ouiser about it the other day, when she threatened to start verbally berating me on her blog, and I think it's a lack of organization. I have a pile of papers on my desk that's half as tall as I am. I have no cleaning schedule yet. I'm trying to figure out how to feed my non-vegan husband while I'm trying to eat as many vegan meals as I can. I've not been successfully devoting time to my creative outlets. This is me trying to do better by myself.

So let me catch you up. Don't bother looking for a theme here. These are totally random snapshots of our recent life.

This is another sneak peak of the Papoose's kitchen, being hand-crafted by the Husband. This thing will be an heirloom by the time he's done with it, I swear. The dark circles are burners; the hole is for the sink.
The Papoose very much enjoys the part of my new semi-vegan diet that includes fruit smoothies every morning. This is my cup. I just drink out of the cup I blend it in with my immersion blender. It's a wee bit big for the wee one, though...


We had our first trip to the zoo! The Papoose and S had lots of fun. S was way more into the animals than the Papoose, though the Papoose did appreciate the giraffes, one of her faves.
First meal at Pei Wei. I thought about giving her chopsticks, but she had other plans.

For those of you who know him, is this the face of the Husband or what?
Going through the Papoose's old baby clothes. Unbelievable how tiny they were!
Though, clearly, she thinks she should be even bigger at this point. You're not stealing my shoes yet, kiddo!
As her aunt quipped, you don't get much more organic than this! (The Husband spreading corn gluten on the backyard.)
If you look closely, you can still see a piece of corn gluten on her lip...

2 comments:

Sarah Berry said...

It really is scary how much she looks like your hubby! I'm dying to see the finished kitchen - we saw the million dollar ones in Pottery Barn Kids this weekend and the squealing could be heard for miles.

Good luck with efforts to get back on track - life is cyclical, so it seems to happen to all of us. I'll send you an email about the new (very, very simple) cleaning system I'm using that I LOVE.

die Frau said...

She very much looks like D in some of those shots. I especially love that the glass was so big with the smoothie that she got a mark on her forehead.

Don't worry--you've got a lot going on. You'll blog when you can.