Sunday, January 07, 2007

Pampered Pets

I've started the lining for Chewy's crate. The husband thinks I am mean and heartless because it's not fluffy enough for a proper crate lining. I love Chewy, but he's a dog. I think he'll be fine. It's just regular, low-loft quilt batting straight-line quilted between a couple layers of some home decor fabric from JoAnn's. Lita tested it out and she thought it was very satisfactory. In fact, I won't be surprised to see the cats sleeping in there once it's in place, when Chewy's not using it, of course.

I need to figure out a way to insert some ties on the four corners to secure it in place. The husband thinks, otherwise, it will slide around and get bunched up in one corner of the crate. I'd like to use some twill tape, but JoAnn's and Hancock's both came up short last time I was looking for some. They had the thin kind that's carried in the section with the thread and scissors and binding, etc. But I want that heavy-duty cotton stuff. May have to be ordered on-line as I'd rather just suck it up and pay shipping than search all over town. Then I think I can just stitch it in with the binding and be done with it.

Okay, I know this is weird lighting, but I hope you can make out these little ornaments the husband's Aunt L gave me for Christmas. I love them. They're the tiny little Advent calendar-sized ornaments, all wooden and smiley and primitive looking. They're so perfect and mini. Christmas has otherwise ended around here. The lights came down yesterday. The indoor decorations and gifts are not yet 100% put away, but are disassembled enough to no longer resemble decor so much as clutter.


Chewy decided long ago that he loved to get into the shower with us. Now it's apparently a second den, too.



Happy New Year, from Bob



1 comment:

Ouiser said...

I had no idea about Chewy's affinity for the shower. That cracks me up!!