- now holds cell phones, remote controls, anything with buttons, somewhere behind her head of pressed against her lips, and says, "Hello?" (roughly translated from "Aaa-ooo?")
- waves bye-bye whenever I put her coat on, whenever we enter a parking lot, whenever we put Chewy in his crate, whenever she goes to bed, and whenever I hang up the phone.
- says "uh-oh" whenever she drops something, whenever she throws something, when her shoe falls off.
- says "Da-do" for dog, or Chewy (we're not sure), "da-da" for her father, "mama," "mum-mum" for food.
- wants to wear my headbands and carry my purse.
- thinks Bob's name is "gentle."
- pretends to drink from a coffee cup (maybe we should take a hint from that).
- tries to brush Chewy with his dog brush.
- loves brushing her teeth (read: chewing on her toothbrush)
- says "thank you" ("uh-oo" with a really obvious intonation) whenever she hands you things, and pretty often when you do things for her.
- brings us books to read her all the time now (especially, Brown Bear, The Very Hungry Caterpillar, Yummy Yucky, Baby Says Peekaboo, Raindrop Plop, and Snowman)
- has said "banana," "zebra," and "giraffe" a few times, but doesn't have them down yet.
- laughs when she hears people laugh on tv.
- seems to especially enjoy music by Guns N Roses, Wham!, Buddy Holly, the Beatles (the older stuff), and the Barenaked Ladies. Eclectic taste.
Thursday, December 18, 2008
Funnies from the Papoose