Friday, March 07, 2008

You, Me, and the Bottle Makes Three

I woke up this morning to the realization that all three of my pants were in the laundry. Not wanting, particularly, to wear sweatpants to Lily's first appointment with her new pediatrician, I decided it was time for another try with the pre-pregnancy clothes. Hallelujah, all my jeans fit! There are still some khakis that don't, but at least I have some more choices again. Good ol' breastfeeding, I have you to thank. You may give me neverending stress that the supply is too low, you may leave me trapped under a four-month old on the couch for hours at a time, and you may be disfiguring some parts of my body, but you allow me to continue to eat like a linebacker while still losing weight. Miraculous.

Which is not to suggest that I have my old body back. There is still an alarming lack of muscle in the abdominal region. Nothing like feeling that there's nothing between your fat and organs like resting your hand on your abdomen post-delivery to make you realize that they really ain't kidding when they say pregnancy literally tears apart your abs. Tears. Apart. But I made it to the gym for the first time two days ago, so hopefully some time there over the coming months will help the profile and the back problems. It was a challenge, though, to drop off the Liliputian in the germ factory they call a day care with all the five-year-old petry dishes running around. I had one eye on the day care door as I kept the other eye on the elliptical machine (level 1 isn't what it used to be). But I'm sure that's just an artifact of leaving her with a stranger for the very first time ever. I picked her up after 40 minutes and it seemed to be just in time as she was in the early stages of fuss. Next time I'll bring a bottle.

We didn't get to meet the aforementioned new pediatrician after all. Although the Husband's new insurance kicked in on the first, we don't have cards or a number yet, making the insurance virtually useless. So I had to reschedule to avoid paying the $900 in immunizations she would have otherwise gotten today. Hopefully it will all be straightened out by next week, when we're rescheduled to reappear.

No comments: