- Of course, I got to spend lots of time with my parents.
- My mom and I went shopping in Burlington, VT. She basically took me on a maternity clothes shopping spree! I think she was a little distressed that I was living basically in two pairs of shorts and endless tank tops. As it is questionable whether these tank tops will fit all the way to the end, I think she feared me being in my last month with nothing else to wear, rockin' the Spears white trash maternity duds. She loaded me up with some really nice stuff that seems like it will only look better as I "show" more.
- My dad, a long-time on-again/off-again photographer, entered some of his work in a gallery showing for the first time ever! And...he sold a couple pieces! By chance, his second show, at a different gallery, was this past weekend, but I've yet to hear if that good luck carried over.
- Scarlet Lily got engaged! I knew this was coming before I flew out there as her fiance needed some minor assistance from me in the planning. We had a great celebratory dinner at her family's lake house and I got to see several old, dear friends, some of whom I think I haven't seen since my own wedding four years ago. I would also like to point out that I was chastised by Scarlet for not looking pregnant enough. You just can't please everybody...
- My parents and I went to a newish natural history museum in nearby Tupper Lake: The Wild Center. It focuses on the Adirondacks, from glacial formation of the mountain region to present day ecosystems. Most excitingly, it features Squeeker the Otter, who gives a very good show to entertain the people. Easily the most social and happy-looking animal in captivity I've seen in a long time. We followed this visit with an early Father's Day lunch.
This is not my photo, obviously, but a postcard my mom bought the husband because he was not able to make Squeeker's acquaintance himself.
And, of course, those are just the highlights!
In other news, I've been trying frantically all weekend to whip this house back into shape after two weeks of neglect. Today is laundry and cleaning focused; although, I still have errands and the gym...it'll never get done, but that will have to be okay. After today, I think I work 13 of the next 15 days, then leave for Sacramento to visit the husband's mother and other fam. I know, tempting the airline gods again so soon...