Sunday, December 10, 2006

Treeless in Tucson

I got the lights up. All roughly 1,800 of them. And, while I'm not afraid of heights, per se, I do tend to be afraid of things that will kill me. Like falling off a ladder. So I bought this pole that was supposed to be specifically for clipping lights to shingles without having to get on a ladder, but it was useless. The clips were too weak. So I ended up borrowing a ladder from a neighbor and got all the lights up without loss of limb.

I also go the Thanksgiving decorations put away and the few indoor Christmas decorations we have out. I have all kinds of ornaments that I've never yet used because we've never had a tree. This year we have a house, so we have room, but I'm too worried about the puppy. I also have a lot of large pinecones I'm not sure what to do with. Ideas?

I made this jingle bell wreath. In case anyone else wants to try it, it took 75 bells. I used 16 gauge wire, but would recommend something even sturdier. Apart from the fact that those bells are a lot heavier than they look, it was easy.
And here's a gratuitous Chewy pic, from his first trip to the dog park.
Got some time on your hands? Let it snow...
(And thank domesticali for the fun.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok here are my suggestions for your Christmas dilemmas:
1) Get a smallish Christmas tree and put it on a small table, end table sized with a tree skirt that drapes off the table if you wish. Thats just what I did this year.

2) Re: the pinecones- I live in the country where there are tons of pinecones so one year my mom took a bunch and spray painted them silver and gold and put them in a pretty bowl on our coffee table with other Christmas-y things like big nuts and bells and such. Very Martha Stewart-y but very cute.

Hope that helps!!!

Ouiser said...

I love your wreath. Because we have a storm door, wreaths won't fit on the door without crashing into the glass, so ours just sports a bow that matches the stuff outside.

Hope all is well!

Hugs-