Saturday, December 04, 2010

Angels

THANK YOU all for your words of support. I know everyone goes through this stuff, but, man, some days you just want to rip your hair out. It helps to hear the encouragement.

And then there are moments like these, while we were having lunch together at Whole Foods on Wedneday:

Liliputian: "Mommy, what's an angel?"

Mommy: thoughts racing about how my daughter is entirely uneducated about Christianity and how the HECK do you explain angels without that referential context?!? "Angels are God's helpers and they have wings and white robes and are very beautiful and sing and they help people and watch over people. Some people think angels are pretend. Some people think they're real. Mommy doesn't know if they're real or pretend. Do you understand?"

L: "Yes, Mommy. Sometimes, when you're playing in the street, and angel might come and you can catch it and eat it."

I was laughing so hard, I couldn't even correct her. Plus, I can't say for sure that I know her to be wrong.

No comments: